We focus on the biological mechanisms underlying common mental health and neurological brain diseases, applying the latest technology and thereby providing new perspectives on therapy. Finding the 'cause' of brain diseases, design its 'cure' and implement this to the level of 'patient care' are all in the center of our research ambition.
NCA is very keen on valorization. To this end we have launched a dedicated Industry Alliance Office, which represents our key opinion leaders and offers the internal scientific expertise and facilities to the industry.
- Researchers find 74 genetic variations associated with educational attainment.
- Brenda Penninx participates in two new European studies on brain diseases
- CTG lab scientists identify genes connected to wellbeing, depression, and neuroticism
- Paper in EMBO Journal on new molecular pathway that stabilizes brain activity identified
- Shining Light on Brain Tumors. New Method Allows Surgeons to Identify Brain Tumors in Real Time.
- ZonMw Top Grant: Chaperoning axonal transport in neurodegenerative diseases
- Paper in the Journal of Clinical Investigation about the role of astrocytes in Vanishing White Matter
- Brain Awareness Week: Exploding Brain Myths